Makes 8 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 preserved lemon, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 lb zucchini, quartered lengthwise, seeded, cut into large dice
- Salt, as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flat metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coarsely cut cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, coriander, preserved lemon, parsley, cilantro, saffron, paprika, cayenne, oil, lemon juice, and water to prepare the charmoula. Set aside.
- Season the zucchini with salt and toss in the olive oil; thread on the skewers.
- Grill over very high heat until slightly charred and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Brush with the charmoula and allow it to caramelize slightly. The zucchini should be slightly charred and fork tender.
- Serve skewer garnished with parsley and cilantro.