Yields 3 cups
- 1 bunch cilantro, thoroughly dried
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup plain Bulgarian or Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- Combine the cilantro, jalapeño, lemon juice, cumin, and yogurt in a blender and purée to a fine paste.
- Add the cashews and purée until smooth.
- Add more yogurt (or water) or nuts to adjust consistency; the chutney should have the consistency of a strained yogurt or thick sour cream. Adjust seasonings and serve.