Makes 6 Servings
- 2 2/3 cups large-dice all-purpose potato (peeled)
- 1 2/3 cups diced celeriac
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 roasted garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to warm.
- Bring two pots of water to a simmer. Add the potato and celeriac separately to each and boil until both are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, and place the potatoes and celeriac on a baking sheet. Warm in the oven to steam dry, about 5 minutes.
- Bring the milk, cream and butter to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Keep warm over very low heat.
- Puree the hot potatoes and celeriac with a ricer or in a food mill. Place in a bowl and stir in the roasted garlic.
- Whip the hot milk mixture into the potato mixture. Season with the salt. Serve at once.