Makes 8 to 10 servings
This simple salad is full of quintessential fall flavors and is a fresh and bright addition to your Thanksgiving spread. Prepare the dressing and Brussels sprouts a day ahead, if you like, but wait to toss the salad until an hour or so before serving.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced or shaved on a mandoline
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet, crisp apple, like Honeycrisp
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- In a large salad bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, oil, and garlic. Stir until combined, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To the same bowl, add the Brussels sprouts, shallot, apple, cranberries, walnuts, and Parmesan. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and honey before serving.