Makes 6 servings
- 4 parsnips
- 5 carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the parsnips and halve each crosswise where it becomes narrow. Diagonally cut the narrow portions into 3/4-inch thick slices. Quarter the wider portions and diagonally cut them into 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Toss the parsnips and carrots with the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage in a large bowl.
- Spread in a large shallow baking pan and pour in the water. Roast the vegetables in the lower third of the oven until tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.