Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Coat a 5-in by 9 ½-in loaf pan with butter. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the oil, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and water, and mix on low speed until fully blended. Add the sifted dry ingredients and blend just until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the nut and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Gentle tap the pans against a countertop to release any air bubbles. Bake until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and the center springs back when gently pressed, about 1 hour.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for a few minutes, then remove from pan and set on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America