Makes 8 servings
This cranberry-infused mignonette is tart and acidic—just right paired with sweet in-season oysters. If serving as a cocktail appetizer, serve the oysters with the sauce on the side for guests to fix themselves.
- 1/2 small shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 24 fresh oysters
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot, cranberries, salt, and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, clean and shuck the oysters. Use an oyster knife to detach the meat from the bottom of the shell, taking care to reserve any liquid. Spoon the mignonette over the oysters and garnish with flowers, if using, just before serving.