Makes 8 Servings
- 4 red peppers, cored and quartered
- 4 yellow peppers, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat a gas grill to medium. If you are using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a moderate coating of white ash. Spread the coals in an even bed. Clean the cooking grate.
- In a large bowl coat the vegetables with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the peppers until marked on each side and tender throughout but not mushy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut the grilled peppers into 1/4-inch-thick slices and drain on a rack.
- Combine the vegetables with the extra-virgin olive oil, raisins, pine nuts, parsley, and garlic. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.