Makes 8 servings Caesar salad dressing often contains egg yolk and is blended to make a creamy, emulsified dressing. That’s amazing, but this is easy and delicious, making it perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Substitute the grilled chicken for shrimp or salmon, if you like, or even shredded rotisserie chicken on a busy night. Leave it out for an easy side dish.
- 3 pounds chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/4 pounds romaine lettuce, washed, drained, and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups croutons
- Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. Grill the chicken until well-browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, mustard, and garlic to blend. Add the lettuce, cheese, and croutons, and toss to coat.
- Slice the chicken. Serve the salad on chilled plates topped with the chicken.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America