Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- Cinnamon Sugar (1 cup sugar combined with 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon), as needed
- Egg wash, as needed
- Make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, cream cheese, and salt on medium speed until smooth, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed to low. Add the flour all at once and mix on low speed just until combined, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/2-inch thick. Fold over one third of the dough, then fold over the other third on top of the first. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and roll each into a 10-inch circle. Spread a thin layer of jam and sprinkle half of the pecans and about 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar over each circle.
- Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll each wedge into a crescent shape, starting at the curved edge and rolling toward the point. Brush the rugelach lightly with egg wash and sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Rotate and switch the baking sheets as necessary for even baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a minute on the baking sheets then transfer, using a spatula, to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.