Makes 6 servings
- 3 lb mahimahi, cut into 3/4-in dice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed, diced
- 24 manzanilla olives, pitted, finely diced
- 1/2 cup small-dice white onions
- 2 jalapeños, cut into small dice
- 2 firm Hass avocados (about 4 oz each), cut into small dice
- 1 cup cilantro stems and leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, as needed
- Totopos (corn tortilla chips) or saltine crackers, as needed
- Combine the fish with the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and combine with the tomatillos, olives, onions, jalapeños, avocados, cilantro, and oil. Adjust seasoning with salt to taste.
- Serve well-chilled with totopos or saltine crackers on the side.