Makes 4 pints
- 9 cups raspberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 5 cups sugar
- Pinch salt
- In a large pot, combine the raspberries, apples, sugar, and salt over medium high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit begins to break down, 10 to 15 minutes. Skim away any foam that rises to the surface as the fruit cooks.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and when a spoon is dipped in the jam and pulled out it should break away from the spoon in an even sheet as it falls 30 to 35 minutes more.
- Pour the jam into jars and refrigerate.