Makes 16 portions
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cooled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, carefully scoop out the yolks and place yolks in a medium mesh sieve, leaving the whites completely intact, and reserve.
- Press the yolks through the sieve with the back of a spoon into a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well to combine.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a plain pastry tip with the yolk mixture. Pipe the yolk mixture into the empty cavity of each egg white. Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 hours.