Makes 8 Servings
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light miso
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cups snow peas, cut in 1/8-inch strips on bias
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cold water, drain, and allow to dry slightly.
- To prepare the dressing, stir together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and miso. Whisk in the sesame oil, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the carrots, scallions, and snow peas in the dressing, then toss in the noodles, and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. The salad is ready to serve now, or it may be held, covered, in the refrigerator. Garnish with additional sesame seeds before serving, if desired.