Makes 8 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 9 cups shredded red cabbage (from 1 head cabbage)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, seeded, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine garlic, mayonnaise, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and water. Stir to combine.
- Add cabbage, mango, jalapeño, shallot, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to overnight before serving.