Makes 1 serving
- 2 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/4 oz brandy
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) cinnamon-infused red wine (see note)
- 1/2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 orange slice, for serving
- Cherries, for serving
- Cinnamon stick, for serving (optional)
- Whole star anise, for serving (optional)
Fill a wine glass with ice. Add the orange juice, brandy, wine, and pomegranate juice. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry, plus a cinnamon stick and star anise, if you like.
Chef’s Note: To make cinnamon-infused red wine, drop 2 cinnamon sticks into a 750 mL bottle of red wine, preferably Merlot. Cover and set aside for 4 to 5 days before using. One bottle will make 6 cocktails.