Makes 1 gallon bag
- 3 parsnips
- 1 yam
- 1 purple sweet (okinawa), or 2 Peruvian potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- On a mandolin, slice the root vegetables 1/16 of an inch, about the thickness of a cardboard cereal box.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment paper with cooking spray and lay the paper on a sheet tray.
- Layout the slices of vegetables on the sheet tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the chips are firm and lightly brown.
- Sprinkle the chips with salt before cooling.
Eat with your favorite dip or as a snack!
Note: To make your chips crispier, toss them with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.