Makes one 9-inch pie
- All-Butter Pie Dough, single crust
Brown Sugar & Oat Crumble
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, old-fashioned or quick-cooking
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 lb peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and set the rack in the lowest position. Line a pie plate with the crust and crimp the edges. Refrigerate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To make the crumble: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter to the flour mixture, tossing to coat. Cut the fat into the mixture using your fingertips, a pastry blender, or two forks until the mixture looks like coarse irregular crumbs. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. In a medium bowl, prepare an ice bath. Lightly cut an X on top of each peach. Gently lower half of the peaches into the boiling water with a slotted spoon and submerge for 30 to 60 seconds. Remove them with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge in the ice bath. Repeat with the remaining peaches. Transfer the blanched peaches to a cutting board. When they are cool enough to handle, remove the skins with a paring knife or peeler. Pit the peaches and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt. Toss to combine. Immediately transfer the mixture to the prepared bottom crust. Top with the crumble.
- Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the filling is bubbly and thick, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Let cool for 2 to 3 hours. The filling will continue to thicken and set as the pie cools.