Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup white rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or similar ground chili paste
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, combine the hoisin sauce, water, onions, and vinegar and simmer gently over low heat until the onions are soft and the flavors meld, about 5 minutes. Add water as needed to maintain the consistency of ketchup. Set aside to cool.
- Add the sriracha and peanuts and serve at room temperature.