- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 slices baguette
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- Bring the broth to a boil in a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread slices and sauté the slices of bread until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. (Work in batches and add more butter between batches as needed.)
- Put 3 slices of toasted bread into each heated soup plate. Crack a fresh egg on top of the toast. Top with cheese and ladle the boiling broth over the egg and bread.
- Serve the soup immediately. Pass additional cheese on the side if desired.
Copyright © 2023 The Culinary Institute of America