Makes 8 Servings
- 2 Red Delicious apples
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup celery hearts, medium dice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- Core and dice the apples.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in the apples, celery, and walnuts.
- The salad is ready to serve now or it may be held, covered, under refrigeration for up to 8 hours. This salad should be made the same day it is to be served.