Makes 8 servings
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 celery stalks, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup minced mushrooms
- 8 scallions, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups matzo meal
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Combine the carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions, eggs, pecans, thyme, garlic, salt, hot sauce, sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl and stir to thoroughly combine the mixture. Add 1 cup of the matzo meal, or more as needed, to make a firm, but still moist mixture. Form into 8 burgers. Dredge each burger in the remaining 2 cups of matzo meal.
- Oil a baking sheet with the olive oil. Place the burgers on the sheet and bake, turning once, until browned and crisp at the edges, about 12 minutes.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America