Makes about 30 cookies
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup skinned hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the egg whites at medium speed, adding the sugar a little at a time. When all the sugar is incorporated, keep whisking at high speed for another few minutes, until the whites are stiff.
- Mix the hazelnuts into the egg white mixture.
- Portion each cookie with a spoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until the surface of the cookies is golden brown and looks dry, about 45 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving or storing in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America