Makes 4–6 Servings
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 lb trenette, bavette, or linguine
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 cup Pesto or as needed
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil; covering the pot will help it come to a boil more quickly.
- Add the trenette all at once and stir a few times to separate the pasta. Add the potatoes and green beans 2 minutes after adding the pasta. Cook uncovered at a boil until the pasta and the potatoes are just tender to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer a few ladlefuls of pasta water from the pot to a bowl or cup to have ready for finishing the sauce. (You may need up to 1/2 cup.)
- Drain the pasta and vegetables immediately through a colander. Shake well to remove any water clinging to the pasta. Pour the drained pasta and vegetables into a large serving bowl.
- Add the pesto to the trenette and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated. The pesto should appear creamy, not oily. If necessary, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish the dish with a few toasted pine nuts if desired. Serve at once.