Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup fresh ripe strawberries, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or demerara sugar
- 4 oz light rum
- Lime juice, to taste
- 6 herb leaves, like basil, mint, tarragon, or thyme
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 3 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar of Modena P.G.I.
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, sugar, rum, lime juice, herbs, ice, and vinegar. Mix on high until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with sugar, rum, or herbs, as needed.
- Serve in a chilled highball glass garnished with strawberries and herbs.