- 3 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 12 oz skinless branzino or striped bass fillets, pinbones removed and cut into small dice
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 lb Pasta Sheets
- Egg wash: 1 large egg blended with 1 tbsp water
- Flour, as needed
- 1 1/2 lb langoustines or shrimp, head on if possible
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lb baby clams, scrubbed
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed for serving
- Combine the bread in a bowl with enough water to moisten. Let the bread soak for about 15 minutes, then lift it from the water and squeeze dry.
- Combine the branzino in a food processor with the egg yolks, the soaked bread, cheese, the 1 tablespoon parsley, marjoram, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process just until it has come together to form a paste (it does not have to be totally smooth). Set aside.
- Place one pasta sheet on a work surface and spoon mounds (about 1 tablespoon) of the branzino filling down the center of the sheet, placing them about 1 1/2 inches apart. Brush the egg wash around the filling and then top with a second sheet of pasta. Press the pasta around the filling, eliminating any air pockets and sealing the pasta sheets together. Cut between the ravioli with a round or square cutter (or cut them with a knife). Set aside on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Peel and devein the langoustines or shrimp and pull off the heads. Reserve the shells and head separately from the meat.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the wine and the clams. Cover the pot and cook until the shells open, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Remove the clams from the pot and once they are cool enough to handle, pull the meat from the shells and place in a bowl. Strain the cooking liquid over the meat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the langoustine or shrimp shells and heads and sauté, stirring frequently, until the shells turn color and then remove and discard the shells and heads. Add the peeled langoustines or shrimp, the tomatoes, and half of the parsley and sauté until the shrimp change color and start to become opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the clams and cooking juices, bring to a simmer, and then keep warm while you cook the ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli to the boiling water and stir to submerge and separate them. Cook uncovered until just tender (al dente), 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the ravioli in a colander. Shake well to remove any excess water. Transfer to a large heated serving bowl and add the seafood sauce. Serve at once topped with a drizzle of oil and the remaining parsley.