Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups Brodo (made with chicken)
- Whisk together the eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, lemon zest, and salt in a medium bowl. Be sure the eggs are evenly blended into the mixture.
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a pot over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and whisk (straccia) well so that the eggs separate into small pieces and shreds, about 1 minute.
- Serve the soup immediately in heated soup plates or bowls.