Makes 6 Servings
- 1 1/3 pounds bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup celery, julienned
- 1/4 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup green pepper, julienned
- 2/3 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup fish broth
- 1 teaspoon hot bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red bean paste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- Blot excess moisture from the scallops with a paper towel. Heat half of the oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium high heat. Sear the scallops in the oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the celery, peppers, peas, mushrooms, and zucchini. Stir-fry until the zucchini is almost cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, bean pastes, cornstarch, and oyster sauce. Add to the vegetables and bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until the liquid has thickened.
- Return the scallops to the pan and toss to evenly distribute. Serve the stir-fry on a bed of rice and garnish with sesame seeds.