These veggie-filled quesadillas are quick, easy, and simple, but feel free to add whatever ingredients you like best. Try bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms (we'd cook them first!), or even grilled shrimp or rotisserie chickens.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 cups (lightly packed) spinach leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cups grated aged Jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa, for serving
- 1 cup prepared guacamole, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach, season with salt and black pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain the spinach.
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat until very hot. Working with one tortilla at a time, place the tortilla in a griddle or skillet. Top with the cheeses and spinach and put a second tortilla on top. Grill on the first side until crisp and golden, 3 to 4 minutes, turn, and cook on the second side. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.