Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into small dice
- 1 potato, cut into medium dice and boiled until tender
- 6 cups spinach
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the potato and cook gently until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to combine. Add the egg mixture to the hot skillet, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for a few minutes, until the edges begin to set.
- Sprinkle the top of the frittata with the cheese, if using, and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the eggs are just set, 7 to 9 minutes more. Serve warm.