Makes about 8 servings
The key to this perfect summer refresher is great watermelon, so if your melon is a dud, you may want to try something else. Of course, you can also make the same mixture with cantaloupe or pineapple (or basically any other fruit!), so pick what’s tastiest and give it a go. Don’t be afraid to adjust the proportions based on how you like it.
- 8 cups peeled, diced watermelon
- 4 cups water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Simple syrup, as needed
- Lime slices, for serving
- In a large blender, working in batches if needed, blend the watermelon and water until smooth.
- Strain into a pitcher through a fine-meshed strainer, and add the lime juice, jalapeño, and simple syrup to taste. Taste before serving, and add more water, lime juice, or simple syrup, as needed.