Makes 4 servings
This simple summer recipe is inspired by the menu at Savor on our San Antonio, Texas campus. Garnish the soup with diced, julienned, or shaved zucchini, if you like. We especially like it with a crusty piece of bread for dipping! This recipe makes about four 1 cup servings, so if you’re serving this as dinner on its own, you might want to double the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb 8 oz zucchini, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft about 10 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the zucchini is very soft, about 10 more minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and purée until very smooth. Return to the pot to reheat, if needed, and serve in bowls, garnished with additional zucchini, if you like.