Makes 5 servings
- 10 trout fillets (3 to 4 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 11 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Blot the trout dry with paper towels. Season with the salt and pepper and dredge in the flour.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Working in batches, as necessary, sauté the trout until lightly browned on each side and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the trout to a warmed dish and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm while preparing the sauce.
Pour any excess oil from the pan. Add the butter, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned with a nutty aroma, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the lemon juice and swirl it around the pan to deglaze it. Stir in the parsley and pour or spoon the sauce over the trout. Serve immediately.