- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown cane vinegar
- 1/3 cup rapadura (organic raw sugar)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons colorau (paprika)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 40 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-15 pound) bone-in, skin-on pork leg
- Mix orange juice, vinegar, rapadura, salt, pepper, oil, oregano, colorau, cumin, and garlic in a bowl; set marinade aside.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan. Using a paring knife, cut 1-inch slits all over the pork.
- Pour marinade over pork and refrigerate for least 6 hours, turning the pork i the marinade every few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roast the pork, basting with marinade every 30 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 190° and is fork tender, about 5 hours. Let rest for about 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of manioc flour (cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Parsley and chives
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bacon and eggs, and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are scrambled.
- Add the flour gradually and stir.
- Add the raisins, parsley, and chives.