Makes 6 cups, approximately 10 to 12 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large cubes (approximately 3 cups)
- 5 ounces roasted peeled chestnuts (3/4 cup)
- 14 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 sage leaves, stems removed, sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, chestnuts, and pearl onions in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and stir to combine, coating all of the ingredients evenly with the oil.
- Spread the vegetables out into an even layer on a large baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Roast the vegetables for 35 to 40 minutes, or until they are nicely caramelized and fork-tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and, while still hot, drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with sage, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.