Makes 2 pints
- 1 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- Push the raspberries through a wire-mesh sieve into a small bowl to make a purée.
- Stir all of the ingredients until blended and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a pre-chilled shallow baking dish and place in the freezer. Allow to freeze solid and scrape with a fork to serve. Alternately, the mixture may be place in the freezer and stirred with a whisk every 15 to 20 minutes until it resembles crushed ice.
- Cover tightly and keep frozen until needed.