Makes one 9-inch quiche; serves 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- One 9-inch Pie Crust, pre-baked
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the butter or oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and eggs until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough and line a quiche or pie pan. Crumble the bacon evenly over the dough. Pour in the egg mixture gradually, stirring it with a fork to distribute the bacon evenly.
- Set the quiche pan on a baking sheet and return the quiche to the oven. Bake until a knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve the quiche hot or at room temperature.
- The quiche can be cooled, wrapped, and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in a 325 F until hot, about 15 minutes.