Makes two 8-inch loaves
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat powdered milk
- 8 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the butter, sugar, honey, salt, and milk powder in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating to the egg mixture. Mix just until combined, about 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Evenly distribute the batter between 2 lightly greased and floured 8-inch loaf pans. Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.