Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb new potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup pitted green olives, halved
- One 8-oz can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until they are just done, tender but firm enough to slice, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly, then peel and dice.
- Combine the warm diced potatoes, diced peppers, and olives in a salad bowl. Break the tuna up with your fingertips as you add it to the salad. Set aside.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl, whisking until the dressing is combined and thickened. Pour this over the salad ingredients and toss gently until all the ingredients are evenly dressed. Serve on a chilled platter or plates garnished with parsley.