Makes 12 pieces
These two southern favorites are a match made in heaven. We like ours a little spicy, but you can omit the red pepper flakes, if you prefer. Make the eggs and filling a day or two ahead, but pipe the eggs the day you plan to serve them.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
- 4 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup jarred chopped pimento peppers, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chile flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon or fork, gently remove the yolk from each egg half and transfer to the bowl of a small food processor.
- To the processor, add the shredded cheese, pimento peppers, mayonnaise, and chile flakes. Blend to a paste, and season with salt, to taste.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a piping bag or zip top bag and cut the end. Pipe the filling into each egg half. Top each deviled egg with one or two pieces of pimiento pepper before serving.