Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, 1/3 cup of the oil, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the chicken to one half of a lightly oiled sheet pan. On the other side, arrange the sweet potatoes and plantain slices in one layer and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and browned around the edges, about 45 minutes. Turn the vegetables and plantains once halfway through cooking.
- Stir the vegetables on the pan before serving to coat with any residual cooking liquid.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America