Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 cups romaine hearts, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Greek olives, pitted, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 1/4 cups crumbled feta
- 16 Stuffed Grape Leaves
- Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir until the salt is dissolved. Combine the canola and olive oil and add the mixture to the lemon juice and vinegar in a stream, whisking constantly, until the oil is blended into the dressing. Season the dressing with additional salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- Place the romaine into the salad bowl. Add the olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, pepper, and red onion. Toss the salad ingredients together with the vinaigrette until evenly coated.
- Top with the feta and garnish with the stuffed grape leaves.