Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 Szechuan chile peppers, dried, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger, brown sugar, oil, and chiles in a zip-close plastic bag. Add the chicken, squeeze out the air, and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the grates. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Adjust seasoning with salt before serving.
Copyright © 2019 The Culinary Institute of America