Yield: 10 portions
- 1 lb dry chickpeas
- Salt, as needed
- 4 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 oz tahini
- 6 to 8 oz extra-virgin olive oil
Paprika as needed
Parsley flat leaf as needed
- Soak the chickpeas for two days.
- Boil the beans in water till tender. Drain and reserve the cooking water.
- Process the beans and garlic with some of the water to a smooth paste.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, tahini, and olive oil. Taste, adjust seasonings and viscosity.
- Place in a serving dish, smoothen the surface and cover with an 1/8” layer of pure olive oil.