Makes 8 servings
Grilled lamb is a nice change of pace from the typical chicken or steak kebobs, and we are especially fond of this combination of lightly marinated lamb shoulder and the flavorful walnut-herb sauce, bright and tangy from lots of lemon. Use the same marinade and pairings for any skewers or other grilled items, including veggies, steak, or even shrimp.
- 3 lb lamb shoulder, cut into 3/4-in cubes
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 flat metal skewers
- Pita Bread, for serving
- Walnut-Herb Sauce
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and combine with the oil, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, and allspice. Allow to marinate for 1 hour, and put the meat onto skewers.
- Grill the kebobs over high heat, turning occasionally, until the meat is well charred on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with the pita bread and walnut-herb sauce.