Makes 4 servings
- 12 shrimp (16/20 count),
peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1/3 cup mirin or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup julienned daikon radish
- 3/4 cup julienned French radish
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro stem
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and rinsed under cold water
- 1 Thai chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss the shrimp with the ginger, garlic, lime zest, juice, cilantro, and oil. Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer and refrigerate until needed, at least 1 hour.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the miso in a small bowl. Add the mirin and whisk to break up the miso. Add the sesame oil, fish sauce (if using), salt, lime juice, and sesame seeds.
- For the salad, in a separate bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, pepper, cilantro, noodles, and chile. Add the vinaigrette (reserve about 1 tablespoon in a separate bowl) and toss until coated.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the shrimp skewers until the shrimp are cooked through and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Brush with the reserved vinaigrette and serve immediately over the salad.