Makes 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb Gruyère cheese cut into sticks
- Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, shallots, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until bright green and just barely tender to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and rinse with cold water until they feel cool. Drain well.
- Toss the greens beans and the dressing together and let them marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the prosciutto to the hot oil and cook until it “frizzles,” about 2 minutes. Add the prosciutto and the Gruyère. Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Serve at room temperature.