Makes 8 servings
This is a very simple, straightforward, no-frills gazpacho recipe. It is tangy and fresh, with a full-bodied texture thanks to a generous pour of olive oil. Experiment with proportions to find your perfect balance.
- 4 lb tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 2 cups peeled, chopped cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup small-dice tomato
- 1/2 cup small-dice green pepper
- 1/2 cup small-dice cucumber
- Combine the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a nonreactive container. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate overnight.
- Purée the marinated ingredients in a blender or food processor, working in batches if necessary. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve if desired. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Chill the soup thoroughly.
- Serve the soup in chilled bowls or cups and garnish each serving with diced tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers.