- 8 oz green or white asparagus
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Trim the asparagus by snapping off the hard portion of the stalk. Peel the stems. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until just barely tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Cut each stalk in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together the eggs, cheese, milk, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter has stopped foaming, pour in the egg mixture and arrange the asparagus on top of the eggs.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve hot or chill the frittata and serve it cut into cubes as a snack or into wedges as a sandwich filling.