Makes 4 to 6 servings
Farro is a nutty, chewy grain commonly used in Italian cuisine. Tossed with the classic components of a caprese salad, like creamy mozzarella cheese and sweet summer tomatoes, you will love it for school lunches, a take-along picnic dish, or a side for grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 2 cups cooked farro, cooled (from about 2/3 cup dry)
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the farro, cheese, tomatoes, and vinegar. Add the vinegar, olive oil, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until use.